Originally posted September 26, 2013 by Bill Olson on http://analytics.ubabenefits.com (UBA)
The countdown has begun to what some consider a soft launch of the public insurance exchanges established under the landmark health law known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), yet many employers remain unprepared. PPACA brings numerous responsibilities and options to employers, but navigating the sea of information can be extremely difficult. That’s why Kaminsky & Associates created its HCR Central, a free online resource with constantly updated information and analysis to aid employers in their employee benefits planning strategy.
“HCR Central” includes up-to-date information on a number of elements, including:
- Changes Affecting Employers and Group Health Plans 2013 and Beyond
- The Play or Pay Penalty and Counting Employees Under PPACA
- PPACA Executive Summary
- What is My State Doing with the Exchanges?
- What is My State Doing with Medicaid?
- New Rules Affecting Fully Insured Plans
- New Rules Affecting Self-Funded Plans
- 2012 Employee Health Benefits Survey
- Minimum Value – Proposed Rule
- Corrected SBC Template
- Corrected Template of Summary of Benefits and Coverage Completed
- Frequently Asked Questions The ACA Implementation Part XIV
- Frequently Asked Questions The ACA Implementation Part XV
- PPACA Terms Explained
- Updated May 2013- Highlights of the Summary of Benefits and Coverage Requirement
- Updated FAQs on Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Model Exchange Notice for Employers who provide coverage
- Model Exchange Notice for Employers who do Not provide coverage
- Employer Shared Responsibility IRS Notice 2013-42
- Employer Shared Responsibility IRS Notice 2013-45
More HCR Central resources can be found at http://getsix.in/plazc
More from United Benefit Advisors (UBA)
In addition to PPACA compliance news, UBA provides customized benchmarking data to help businesses compare their employee health benefits to competitors, and find savings through plan design. UBA’s 2013 Health Plan Survey, the largest in the nation with nearly 11,000 employers participating, along with the collective wisdom of its more than 140 industry leading Partner Firms, helps business owners and human resource executives make informed decisions that directly impact the bottom line by controlling the upward spiral of health care costs.